While I was conversing with Ganga ram, a policeman came walking in, he said that they are inquiring about the Car number and would definitely reach the culprit. I had some relaxation that Ganga ram would be getting justice. The police men occasionally uttered the number DL-2R 0007.

I could suddenly not believe my ears this number as of the car which I and Aayush had jointly bought when we had some money after doing a short project. It was our first possession and this car was dear to us. I moved to US but Aayush still drove it occasionally. Since I had taken this number with assistance of my minister uncle to flaunt myself with pleasure of having a VIP number, I was shocked it’s the same which had become the identity of Ganga ram’s son’s misery.

I could not understand the relation between the number, Aayush’s illness and Ravi’s accident. I knew whom to ask- Only she could tell. So after a lot of search I called Meenal and this time from Aayush’s cell phone.
Meenal was our best friend and Aayush’s girlfriend for past few years. I was still confused why she was not around when Aayush is so ill.
Finally she picked the call and the moment she heard my voice she burst in tears and cried hurriedly. She told me that two days back. She and Aayush were driving back from a party which they arranged for few friends so as to treat them for being engaged. Aayush who never used to drink was forced by the friends and she still hates herself for being amongst the people who forced them. While they were coming back in their excitement and bit under the influence of alcohol Aayush drove fast and accidently over run somebody. They stopped to look by and a boy was badly injured. Aayush wanted to help him but then Meenal got so scared she forced pushed the almost unconscious Aayush in the car and forcibly drove herself to home.

She then added that when Aayush come to his senses he cursed me for this and was curious about the injured person. Someone told him the boy had died and this made him restless, shocked and full of self hatred He simply loathed her and decided not to see ever again as he thought she was heartless. She kept the phone and left me baffled.
Now I knew what the connection was. Aayush being burdened by the guilt of killing a guy was disdained and so much upset that he had heart strokes. He needed to know that he can still mend his mistake by helping the boy with money and save his life. I dint utter anything in front of police men and simply sympathized and went straight to the doctor who was operating the young boy. Doctor told me that the boy needs to undergo an operation as soon as possible so as to lead a health life.

I did not know what to do. I wanted to help that man and his son but how? I was completely blank.

I could not sleep the complete night. The sight of a young skinny boy covered with pipes and machines disturbed me. I prayed for a child, a father I knew little about and also wanted to save my friend who I know was a very kind and true person. I went straight to the hospital next morning after visiting the nearly temple as I recalled my Grandfather saying that prayers with good intentions are always answered

After reaching the hospital, I knew what I had to do so without much delay I pressed the lift button. As usual Ganga Ram was doing his regular duty as a liftman. He greeted me with the same smile as he did to others. I wanted to enquire about the health of his son, but like a through professional at work, he ignored. I understood he did not want to talk about his personal life at work, so I stopped.
I went to Aayush room and silently moved towards his bed, since he was semi conscious by now I embraced him and slowly told him that the boy is still alive but struggling for life. I could see a smile in his eyes. As if he was happy to see me and also listen to the news.

I went straight to the doctors' cabin that was operating on Ravi. I presented him a cheque so that he along with his team can operate upon Ganga Ram's son as soon as possible. The doctor smiled at me and said that the operation had already been done last night and the boy is now out of danger. I was pleasurably surprised. I could just utter. How?

Doctor told me that a lady has already paid all the expenses for entire treatment, I was shocked who has given such a hefty amount. I saw Ganga ram on the other side with hands folded and expressions of gratitude on his face to a petite girl.
When I closely reached there, I could easily recognize she was Meenal and she had helped them and completed the required formalities. I was revealed. I waited until the lift man finished off his duty and when I meet him in his son’s ward, he was a relieved father.