I have tried to write this story in a new writing style called Broken Sentences. Do send in your comments about it.
------------------------------------

This is not a fictitious story. It is real. It is true. It is heart touching. It is an incident that happened to one of my neighbor. She had two sons. Jim, a 5 year old boy and John, an 18 years
adolescent. Her husband had died. In a plane crash. Three years ago.

John was the sole bread and butter owner of his family. Only supporting member. For 2 lives.

John was on work. He got a phone call. His young brother Jim was hospitalized. He ran. For his young brother. For his mother. Doctors told Jim had to be operated. Condition was unclear, he further added. Suzie, his mother further enquired. Will my son be alright? When can I meet him? See
him. Doctor said "Not now" and went.

The next day doctor gave the news. The unfortunate news. Jim had cancer. He was
on the last stage of leukemia. No one believed. What they heard. How could they. They did not want to believe. But truth was far away. He was going to die. Jim will soon die, added agonizing mother, Suzie.

Jim's condition started to deteriorate. He started to vomit blood out. He could no longer bear the pain. The agony. And few days later. The surgeon operating him came out of Jim's ward. He is dead, said he. I am Sorry. We tried our best.
But could not save him, he added remorsefully.

Why do little children get cancer?
Where is God? Why does not he help them? Care about them. Suzie screamed.
The surgeon asked. Would you want to meet him? Your son -Jim.

She said. “Yes” and went in.

She wiped tears from her eyes and went in. She moved her hands in the thick hair. Lovingly. For the last time. John had to support him. So he controlled himself and went in.

Surgeon then sought their permission. To take the body. To the University. As Jim wanted. This was his last wish. Suzie never wanted this. But Jim wanted to donate his body for research. To help another child. Spend a single more day with his mom.

No doubt Jim had a golden heart. He thought of others more than himself. Suzie further added with tears flowing from her eyes.

John and Suzie went out of the hospital. Taking Jim's belongings. Everything they could. Except Jim. Except his body.

It was harder to drive back. But Life had to move on. So they did.

Suzie straight went to Jim's room. Where he used to live. She sat on his bed. She hugged the pillow. He wanted to feel Jim's touch in it. She felt something. Perhaps an envelope.

A letter kept under the pillow.

She was surprised. She just cleaned the room. As usual. Before going to hospital. Where the letter came from? She was puzzled.

She opened it



Dear Mom,

I know you would have already started to miss me. I also. But don’t worry. I know one thing. I would not be able to forget you. Even if you do not say. I Love You. I know you do. Always.

With tear filled eyes. Suzie continued. To read. To know.

It does not hurt anymore here. The cancer is all gone. I am glad. I can run and walk independently now. God could not see me in pain. Not anymore. So he sends his Angels. To get me here.

Do not sweep for me. This is a cool place. I met grandpa and grand ma. They showed me the entire place. It's too big. Too large. Angels too are pretty.

What’s more surprising is that Jesus no longer looks the way we picture him. He took me to God.

I had a lovely time with the God. I sat on his laps. And told him. My Mom would be worried. Can I write to her? He thought for a while and then. Gave me his magical pen and paper. I am writing from it. Isn't it cool?

God would send his angel to deliver this letter to you.

One more thing. It's written with magical Pen and Paper. So only you could read it. For everybody else. It's a plain. Blank white Paper.

God wanted to give an answer. Answer to your question. Where was God when his children need him? He replied. He was there with me. At the same place. When his child Jesus was crossed. He is always with his children.

One last thing before I return his pen and paper. You can adopt another Boy or a Girl. You must be all alone. So I would not mind. If you give my toys, my belongings. To another child. I really do not need them any more here.

I am sure we would meet. Meet some day. We surely will have fun. Till then.

Yours lovingly,
Jim
----------------------------------------

Suzie was shocked. She could not believe what she read. She knew what to do. She went to the St. Louis orphanage. Adopted a child, named it junior Jim. The Junior Jim is so sweet. He plays with Jim's toys. He rides his bicycle. He loves Suzie like Jim did. John loves him too.
Suzie is a happier person now. She now feels she never lost Jim. Love filled their family. Filled the void that came in when Jim died.


[This story may sound familiar to many, but the emotions in it inspired me to present it differently]